domingo, 31 de julio de 2011

A Change in Life

I went almost every summer there. It was very happy and excited; with almost all of my family in there we got a lot of fun. It was in the huge farm of my grand father. It was very big and fun, with a lot of big trees, different kinds of horses, and unfortunately a lot of insect every where.

I remember that we went there a lot of times when I was little and we got plenty of fun there. To get there it was a one and a half hour trip in car. We went there to spend some part of the vacations; we stayed like for one half week there. My uncles , my aunts , my grandparents , my cousins , and my mom , dad , and brother where always there when there where some days off and all of us could be there at the same time. Some times some friends went there too so we get more fun there with them.

I remember that the first thing that we used to do after taking off our stuff from the car and go to put it in our rooms in an order way and then after that we get changed our clothes putting our swim suit on and then we went directly to the crystalline water of the pool and have plenty of fun there. We used to throw ourselves to the pool by some kind of a small waterfall that the pool had. We played water polo with all kids there and sometimes adults join us to play with them. We stayed playing there in the pool until the lunch time. The food was always a barbecue and was very delicious , we ate a lot there , we ate meat , barbecue ribs , and a lot more kinds of food , but it was always meat , and a salad too , but I never ate it , I only ate meat there , I do not know why.

Sometimes we organized like some kind of soccer tournament between us. We divide ourselves in different teams and then we played in the soccer field that the farm had and we played soccer until we could not keep going and we got very tired. After finishing playing our soccer tournament we went to refresh our selves in the pool because we were with a lot of hot because of the game.

What I did not liked in there was the nights. At that time all the insects where there and they all bite you. I could not sleep there I had to sleep with all the blankets above me and with a insect repellent and that was not enough. In the mornings I always wake up with a lot of insects bite and they were very itchy. They were always in my arms and I have to put some cold water in my arms so I did not scratch my self. I did not like it.

I remember once that we brought our dog there. He is a Golden Retriever ; he is a very big dog. My dog , Cosmo , once , in the morning he was running around and he came back to the house with a dead chicken in his mouth , my dad followed him until my dad grabbed the dead chicken from his mouth. I was sleeping when that happened and when I woke up my dad told me what happened and then I saw the dead chicken all bitten by my dog.

All this memories are from the past, we where growing up back then after a few years we did not went so often. It was not fun anymore sometimes I get bored there because there was not anyone of my age with I can be there. There was a point in which we never went there anymore.

That farm I think is still the same but I think that my grand father sold it and we never went there again.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario