lunes, 25 de julio de 2011

A Snowy Change

The meaning of weather according to a dictionary is the state of the atmosphere, to the degree that it is hot or cold, wet or dry, calm or stormy, clear or cloudy. Weather refers, generally, to temperature and precipitation activity of every day.

Weather can take many forms in the environment. It can be cold, cold enough so that you have to wear a lot of clothes at the same time and you do not want to get out of your house because of the cold and all your body is shaking because of the cold or maybe not. The cold weather can be with freeze wind, with a lot of rain, with a lot of snow or just a little or with a blizzard, or with all three at the same time. The weather can be also hot. It can be with no clouds on the sky and you have to go inside something so that you can refresh yourself, or that horrible hot weather that you sweat a lot and you feel so tired that you can barely move and you do not want to do anything. Weather can be tropical, I think this is the best type of it, you feel so good with it and so fresh and god gave my beautiful country Guatemala that weather and we are so lucky in my country that we do not get that suffocating hot or that very cold blizzards we get like the combination of them not to cold but not to hot.

But weather is not only that; weather is a lot more than this. Weather not only affects the environment around us it also affects us, the way we act and think and also feel are affected in different ways, depending on each person, because of weather.

I can not tell the way in which people may change because of weather because each one of us is different from each other. For example when it starts to rain a lot some people may feel sad and depressed but some others may feel relaxed and happy because it is raining. I remember one time in which my emotions change because of the change of weather, it was four years ago. I was visiting my aunt in Denver, Colorado in the United States in November. We get there so we could celebrate Thanks Giving with them. We get there like one week before Thanks Giving Day. My aunt told us that on those days it snowed a lot, so we got excited because I was never able to see the snow. In that week it never ever snowed so we get sad about it and it was really weird because it was really cold the temperature was like - 10º C and it did not snowed, so we get sad about it. 

One night I was sleeping and I remember that my dad wake up us all and told us that it was snowing. We all, my mom, my brother, and I, get up as fast as we could and went to see and it was really snowing. I felt a lot of happiness in that little moment because it was the first time I saw the snow with my own eyes. We could only get out just a little because it was like 3 a.m. and it was freezing I think the temperature in that moment was like - 10º C. We then went to our beds and went to sleep. My bed was in front of a window so I fall sleep watching how the snow falls. The next morning I woke up like 6:30 in the morning and I directly went outside and played with the snow with my family and with the three dogs that my aunt have. We were there all morning; we made a frosty that lasted all the time in which we were there, like two more weeks. I was very happy in that moment and now I realized that I became very happy because of the change of weather. Then we celebrated Thanks Giving with snow.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario